Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Our final Christmas activity with the kids was decorating cookies. I made my favorite sugar cookie recipe, refrigerated the dough overnight, divided it in half and rolled them out for Nate and Evie to cut out their own shapes. I made icing with powdered sugar and milk to decorate. Here's how it went:

 I put the icing in squeeze bottles this time because every time I let them use icing bags it just squeezes out the back. The bottles worked pretty well and kept them from putting too much icing on the cookies too. I need to get my icing a little bit thinner next time though. It was kind of hard to squeeze.

 I'll keep trying the bags occasionally until they're able to do it that way, but I like the squeeze bottle idea.

 They added some assorted sprinkles to decorate. I look forward to the day they're old enough to go all out with colorful icing and creative designs. 

So proud of the finished product!

No comments: