Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Crispy Christmas Cottages

The thought of making gingerbread houses intimidates me. Maybe we'll tackle them someday when the kids are older and more able to help. So when I came across this Crispy Christmas Cottages recipe, I was excited. It looked very do-able, and it was! I made the rice krispie treats Friday morning, and the kids spent Friday afternoon decorating them. The only problem was that they wanted to eat them too. That's a lot of sugar! I'm usually happy just to use sugar to create fun things, but I guess there's not as much fun in that. :)

 The pre-decorated cottages.

New use for old things. We used some leftover Halloween candy to decorate.

 Taking their time to get their cottages just right. 

 The finished product.

 Our little village.

 And where was Simon during all this? Snuggled up in the Moby wrap so I could be hands free. Loving my Moby!


1 comment:

Brad and Krystal said...

So cute! Do you like your Moby wrap? We brought one with us that should be put into use in just a couple more months :)