Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Christmas Snow

The entire week before Christmas the meteorologists here were talking about the possibility of snow on Christmas. I thought they were just trying to get people to watch the news. Texans go nuts over snow - especially snow on Christmas. Such a novelty! But I guess I was wrong. It really did snow on Christmas. And it was absolutely beautiful to sit inside all day and watch the rain turn to sleet and turn to snow. We sat at the kitchen table learning how to play the games we got the kids for Christmas (Spot It and Zingo - hours of fun for ages 3 to 33!) and watched the blizzard outside. Well, it was just two inches, but who's counting? Maybe I'm turning Texan after all. It's a far cry from our days in the mountains of Turkey where snow covered the ground from November to March!

 No, she's not in jail. I wasn't willing to take my slippers off and put
shoes on to go to the other side of the gate.

 Oh to be this carefree again.

 That looks really cold!

 Warming up with our favorite hot chocolate. I don't do all the fixins.
The hot chocolate alone is delicious!

 Can't take one of their pictures without taking the other!

 Simon didn't get to play in the snow. He stayed inside and helped make
the hot chocolate. :) Daddy needed to warm up too!

1 comment:

Jack and Sheryl said...

I can't believe you got 2 inches of snow on Christmas in TX! And I so wish I could hold that baby. Love the candy cane stripe. He's so cute!