Friday, May 28, 2010

Evie's Birthday

The Birthday girl and me.

Another one with her looking at the camera instead of the cake!

Nate was VERY excited about Evie's cake. 
He did a great job resisting the temptation to dig in before it was time.

Another unprofessional attempt at cake decorating.
It has lots of flaws, but overall I was happy with how it turned out.

We're not big on birthday gifts, especially since the kids are too young to know the difference, so Evie's cake was her gift. Since it was a gift I thought it should look like one. I bought a silky pink hair bow for the topper and found some matching ribbon to wrap around it. When she's a little older maybe she'll think it's fun to wear the hair bow that was on her first birthday cake. Maybe. If not, at least it will be a fun keepsake.

Nate was a great big brother and had fun celebrating Evie's birthday. He sang "Happy Birthday" to her for a few days beforehand, and didn't seem to mind that we doted over her a little more that day. He's a sweet brother, or maybe just too oblivious to care!

Our friends Nathan and Lynsi (and Jack and Caroline) came to celebrate and eat cake with us. We mostly took video while they were here, and while Evie dug into her cake. Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to post videos. Sorry!

No comments: