Sunday, February 26, 2006

It's Almost New Year



March 21st is “Nevruz”, or the K New Year. It’s celebrated by dancing the day away with family and friends in an open field outside of the city. For Nevruz, women typically dress up in a “gras fistan,” the traditional K dress (think old school proms minus the big hair). The dresses are very colorful with lace, sparkles, and poofy sleeves. Sarah picked out material for hers this week and had it made. She’s modeling it above.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look beautiful! The dress is wonderful - Steve, what will you wear? LOVE YOU, MOM & DAD

Anonymous said...

Actually, that IS Steve's dress.

Anonymous said...

Steve will you send us a picture of you in your dress?

theblans said...

Everybody's a comedian!

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys! Can you come back??? Oh yeah, Sarah looks 'pretty in pink'!! cs in tx

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you look beautiful in your dress! The dance will be fun! I hope that you and Steve have a good time.

Stefanie :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Sarah. I couldn't begin to make a dress like that. I can't even sew holes in clothes we have now. Carrie and Joe