Monday, February 13, 2006
Chicken Soft Taco (by Stephen)
After over a month of not seeing chicken anywhere because of the infamous bird flu, to say that I was craving it would be a huge understatement. To my joy as I walked along the sidewalk, trying not to turn an ankle in the potholes, I saw it in the window. It had a glow about it that lured me in like a tractor beam. I instantly turned to enter the small restaurant and felt tears rolling up in my eyes. Before I ordered the equivalent of a chicken soft taco, I shrugged my shoulders and said to the owner, “Bird flu?” He pointed to a sign which I think (and hope) said “100% guarantee you won’t get bird flu.” Good enough for me! It was the best chicken I’ve ever eaten. Since then I’ve become a regular, and friend to the owner of that small restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dude, you are a brave man but I understand. We were in Cairo last week and they have a Chili's (actually 4 of them). We went there to the point that they called us regulars and allowed me to come back and pay another day since their credit telephony device wasn't working. Chili's was so good. They even had free refills on the drinks. We ate some chips and salsa for you guys and all of our other friends who miss the things of home.
Your friends in Cyprus
A Chili's in Cyprus?! We don't even have one of those in NKY. Sarah and Stephen--We're having fun reading your blog and everyone's comments. Keep keeping us updated!
Post a Comment