Thursday, September 22, 2011

Like Father, Like Son

Stephen has always said he would rather spend his money on experiences instead of things. He'd rather travel the world than buy anything else that same amount of money could buy. For the most part I agree with him, and I think our children must be gaining the same mentality.

Stephen took the kids to the play area in the mall while I was in Kentucky, and while they were there Nate saw someone jumping on a bungee jump. He asked to jump too, and Stephen told him no, but he continued talking about it all week. He has some birthday money left, so we let him decide if he wanted to spend his money to jump or save it for something else. Of course he wanted to spend it on that - like father, like son! We went last Friday evening and he jumped his little heart out!

Then it was Stephen's turn to pay for some adventure on Saturday. He and his friend Nathan ran in The Jailbreak DFW. It was a 5K filled with muddy, wet obstacles. He ran his little heart out too! :) Here are some pictures of Nate jumping followed by the race pictures:

I think this is the "What have I gotten myself into?" look.

 He loved it!



 Stephen and Nathan after the race.

 I think Stephen was trying to win the competition of who could finish the race with the most mud on them! I'm not surprised!

The side angle.

1 comment:

Erica said...

This does look fun, I hope it was worth every penny. I'm sure Nate will be talking about it for a long time.