Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ethan Matthew

My sister FINALLY had her baby! We specialize in late babies in this family. Ethan Matthew was born on September 8 and weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. He's the sweetest, cutest, cuddliest baby boy! And I'm not just saying that because I'm his aunt either. :)  A few weeks ago I bought plane tickets for that weekend in an effort to see him soon after he was born, but I never guessed he would be born the day before I arrived. It worked out perfectly though. I was able to spend the night in the hospital with Elizabeth while Matthew went home to get some good sleep in his own bed, and then I helped them settle back into their home with a newborn. I loved every minute of it, and I'm SO glad I got to go!  

 A family of THREE!

 Meeting his Aunt Sarah.

 Sweet boy!

So, this was the first time I had ever been away from my kids. Four years is a long time! I was pretty nervous about it - nervous that I wouldn't know how to act without them - not nervous at all about how they would do without me. Of course they loved their weekend with Stephen. He would be an incredible stay-at-home dad! And as it turns out I can make it without them too. Who would've thought? :) I really enjoyed my time away. Of course Stephen documented their weekend with pictures, so here are a few of those.

 Stephen took the kids to check out a new park. They all loved it, so I'm looking forward to checking it out myself.

 Swinging ...

 Painting cards for me.

Nate's card says "Hoş Geldiniz Mommy!" That's Turkish for "Welcome Home Mommy!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the line "We specialize in late babies in this family." We sure do! :)