Saturday, May 30, 2009

At the hospital

A first moment with Evie.

Weighing in at 7 lbs and 7 oz, she was smaller than we expected.

Nate playing in the hospital room ...


We were successful at having a short hospital stay, although it was still longer than we would have liked. Evidently the baby has to be observed for at least 24 hours in the states. In Turkey we were home about 18 hours after Nate was born. We had a pretty good American hospital experience, but I think I prefer my Turkish experience!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I am glad your sister could be there for you guys. I was just thinking about how hard it must be for you doing this without your mama. I'm sure it has brought back so many memories. I'll be lifting you up this next week.

It's interesting comparing your birth in Turkey to the States. I told Marvin that it would be nice to have at least one baby in the states just see what it is like. It makes me feel better that you prefered Turkey. We hope to be headed back that direction in September if all goes well.

Enjoy those two sweet kiddos.