I'm sure all kids do funny things, and that my child really isn't that unique, but lately Nate has done some strange things.
The first, and funniest, is that he tries to use other objects to feed himself his cheerios. At a restaurant in December, we caught him using the tip of a crayon to stick in the hole of the cheerio, pick it up, and eat it. The other day I found him doing the same thing (pictured above) with a piece of apple. He was successful with both the crayon and the apple!
In the bathtub Nate plays with two different toys - a bathtub book that he got from his Nana for Christmas, and a set of barnyard animals. Now that he has the book, he uses it as a raft for his animals so they float. The other night while I was gone, Stephen said Nate spent his entire bath time lining up his animals in perfect order on the ledge of the bathtub, knocking them off, and then starting over. We're afraid he inherited some of his mother's semi-OCD.
One of his favorite toys is a ring stacker. I guess since he mastered stacking the rings on the normal way he's moved on to turning the pole upside down, using a ring to hold it in place, and stacking more rings on top of the base (pictured above).
I could go on some more, but I'll spare you for now.



2 comments:
What a cute, sweet, smart little boy. Tell him Aunt Liza is impressed with his spatial intelligence.
I think the OCD is a first born trait. Klaire is the same way, but not detected a bit of that in Ava. :) I'm not sure where you and I got it. :) He's getting so big! I wish we could see him!
Post a Comment