I had great intentions of posting more yesterday, but I ended up with a stomach virus in the night on Wednesday night and can no longer brag about my strong stomach and not throwing up for years at a time. Stephen stayed home from work yesterday to take care of Nate and me and then came down with the same thing last night, but decided he had to go in today. He's crazy! We're praying that the virus doesn't get to Nate.
So, after two all-night 15 to 16 hour drives to Kentucky and back, and some really good, relaxing visits with both of our families for the holidays, we came home to find out that Baby Blan #2 is a GIRL! We're both very excited. Stephen isn't sure what to think about having a girl. I think he really expected it to be another boy, but he's adjusting to the idea and I'm sure she'll be a daddy's girl just like Nate is a mama's boy.
As for me, I'm a little nervous about the drama and emotion a girl might bring since I lean hard toward the non-emotional side of life. But I am very excited about all the pink I'll be buying in the years to come. (Baby Girl Blan will have a lifetime supply of pink corduroys!) I'm also excited about regaining the mother/daughter bond that I've been missing for 8 months now, and only hope that I'll be in her life for longer than my mother was in mine. And I hope she hopes that too!
3 comments:
Oh so very happy for you all Wow A lil girl with Nate's lel chubby cheeks How adorable she will be!!!! Take care and I hope all of your tummys are feeling better!
Blessings Merranda
We're so happy for you guys! You'll be great parents of a little girl! We love and miss you!
The Dawsons
How terrific!! That will be wonderful....
Jon
Post a Comment