Since we'll be in the middle of a move to Texas on Nate's real birthday, we decided to have a small birthday celebration during our visit to Lewisport last weekend. My mom was an excellent cake baker and decorator, and there was only one year of my life that she didn't bake and decorate a birthday cake for me. That was the year my father passed away and she became a single working mom, so life was just a little busy for her. To make up for that she baked and decorated 30 wedding cakes (one for each table) for my wedding. Since she's not here to make Nate's cake, I decided I don't have any excuse for not making one myself after watching her for all those years. So here it is - Nate's first birthday cake. I went with a theme he'll appreciate in a few years. Go Bengals and Happy Birthday Nate!




2 comments:
You did a great job with Nate's cake, Sarah. It sounds like you have very special memories of your mom making cakes. I hope all goes well with Nate's surgery and your upcoming move.
Amazing!! What a great first cake for you to make and for Nate to look back on. Your mom obviously taught you well! She would be proud! We'll be praying for you guys. Ellie had tubes put in her ears at 13 months and although she wasn't out as long as Nate will be, I was still pretty nervous. She did amazingly well though, and so will Nate! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment