Monday, June 01, 2015
Evie is six!
Evie turned six last week. SIX! I'm not very sentimental about my kids growing up, but every once in a while I'm surprised by how time has passed. Evie was born on Memorial Day, and her birthday fell on Memorial Day again this year, so we had fun reminiscing about the day of her birth. It was really nice that everyone had the day off and we got to spend the day together celebrating our girl. We played putt-putt golf and arcade games in the morning, followed by lunch of her choice - tacos at Rosa's Cafe. I made cupcakes in the shape of a princess dress (which didn't turn out as nicely as I'd hoped), and some neighbor friends came to eat cake and play outside for a while in the evening. Even though she was disappointed not to have a party (I'm holding fast to our decision not to throw birthday parties, but to spend birthdays as a family), I think she really enjoyed her day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment