It's been almost a month now, but better late than never. Nate turned 6! We had decided on a Lego cake for his birthday, but as we were looking at some Lego cakes online, we came across a castle cake video. The cake in the video was pink and sparkly - very princessy - but Nate HAD to have a castle cake for his birthday.
So, instead of a pink sparkly castle, we went with more of a medieval castle. I struggled through it. The towers were harder to construct than I thought - especially since I like to use buttercream icing. I know fondant would work so much better, but I guess I care more about the taste of my cakes than the looks. Anyway, here it is. We celebrated as a family by watching the Planes movie and eating at In n Out - Nate's new favorite place to eat. Happy 6th Birthday, Nate!



No comments:
Post a Comment