blue cake! And yes, that means Nate and Evie are going to have a baby brother! We had our sonogram on Wednesday, but waited to tell them the news in a more fun way. I made my first ever
poke cake with berry blue jell-o to tell them. They knew that when we cut into it a pink cake would mean a baby sister and a blue cake would mean a baby brother. They made their bets - Nate very adamantly bet on a girl and Evie on a boy. Nate was disappointed, but once he realized the boys in the house would outnumber the girls, he was all for a baby brother! I have to say I was more disappointed than I thought I would be too. I really thought it was a boy, but I still hoped it was a girl. I've quickly adjusted to the idea of a little boy though. I might even be ready to think about boy names soon - the most stressful part of having a baby for us! Anyway, here are some pictures of the event.
Evie waiting, not so patiently, to cut the cake. We got Nana and Granddad on the webcam first.
Blue! Actually, a little green because I used a yellow cake mix. Oh well!
Evie liked the whipped cream, but not the cake. I don't blame her. I didn't like it either. It was too artificial tasting with the jell-o. Don't think I'll make any more poke cakes!
But Nate loved every bite!
No comments:
Post a Comment