This is what happens to little girls who refuse to nap! Ever since we took her pacifiers away last August, Evie hasn't napped (except at school when her teachers soothe her to sleep.) She still goes to her room to rest everyday - because Mommy needs a few moments away. But, thankfully, she never acts overly tired or melts down in the evenings. Anyway, last Sunday she must have been really tired because she fell asleep while we were pushing her in the baby swing. Sweet girl! She has actually been swinging all by herself in the big swing the past few days too - one of my very favorite milestones.
In other Evie news, this little girl is potty trained! She was ready for a while, but I wasn't. So when I finally put the time into it, she pretty much potty trained herself. She's still wearing a pull-up at night, but she even gets up in the night to go and stays completely dry a lot of nights. I've been SO impressed by this. I never expected one of my children to make potty training so easy!
In other Evie news, this little girl is potty trained! She was ready for a while, but I wasn't. So when I finally put the time into it, she pretty much potty trained herself. She's still wearing a pull-up at night, but she even gets up in the night to go and stays completely dry a lot of nights. I've been SO impressed by this. I never expected one of my children to make potty training so easy!
You can't tell very well in this picture, but Nate had pink eye last weekend. It took me a day to diagnose him because I had never seen it before. Thankfully the doctor's office called his prescription in for us, so we didn't have to take him in. It healed quickly, and I'm glad it's over with!
In other Nate news, we've made the decision to wait a year before sending him to kindergarten. His birthday is in August, and the cutoff here is September 1st. We went back and forth all year, but our decision is firm now. I'm glad to have one more year with my little boy!
In other Nate news, we've made the decision to wait a year before sending him to kindergarten. His birthday is in August, and the cutoff here is September 1st. We went back and forth all year, but our decision is firm now. I'm glad to have one more year with my little boy!
As for our other child, our garden, it's growing beautifully. Well, mostly! Our tomato plants are doing so well that they're taking over the garden. But we're really okay with that. One bite of a homegrown tomato will be enough to make the garden worth it. Our basil is doing well, and I made a batch of pesto with it today. I think we'll eventually have some bell peppers too, but that might be all we get this season. It has been a lot of fun to check it everyday and watch it grow. We just might have to expand it so we can have a tomato garden and a garden with other vegetables.



No comments:
Post a Comment