Evie has worn my lipstick more than I have lately. She's been quite the two-year-old the past few weeks, and it's kind of wearing me out. Maybe that's the reason I'm behind! She sleeps in her big bed now, and she loves it, but evidently she doesn't love it enough to stay in it. She has always been my late sleeper/no napper, but she's waking up at 6:00 most mornings and still refusing to nap, and it's a seriously bad combo. We're working hard on re-training her to sleep, so I have hope that it WILL get better soon.
Hold onto your seats - Stephen and I went out on a date! We went to see my favorite band, Over the Rhine. It was an acoustic evening with just Linford and Karen, so they performed a lot of their older stuff. We sat and soaked it in. They don't know it, but they're writing the soundtrack to my life. :) I felt like I'd gone home for an evening. I miss that feeling. I miss that place.
We're starting a little garden! It's something we've wanted to do for a couple years, so we're finally giving it a good try. I'm not sure what we're planting yet (I know, we're a little behind), but we have everything else ready to go.
The soil we used has turkey poo in it. Yum!
Stephen ran the Cowtown half-marathon on Sunday. The kids and I tracked him down along the way. Two years ago he ran the full marathon. I think he was glad he only did the half this year!
One of the signs I made for the kids to hold said, "Enjoy the peace and quiet. We'll be at the finish line!" He did and we were!






No comments:
Post a Comment