Nate was my coffee buddy this morning. Well, he had tea, but it was still nice to sit and enjoy our hot drinks and watch the sunrise together. Stephen and Evie slept in. I think Nate has my sleep genes and Evie has Stephen's - you can count on Evie to sleep in, and you can count on Nate to wake up early. Anyway, one of my favorite things about Texas is the sky. It's so wide and open - no hills or mountains to hide it. And even though I have times when I really miss hills and mountains, Texas sunrises and sunsets are the best! This morning's sunrise was worth getting up for.
Nate asked me if I put sugar in our coffee and tea. I told him I put a very little bit in because we want to enjoy the taste of the coffee and tea, and not just taste sugar. He said, "But I really want to just taste sugar." Can't say I blame him!
My sweet early riser.
He drank every last bit.
Our view of the sunrise.
I know you can't really tell it, but the sky was a bright red/pink color. Beautiful!
1 comment:
What a great memory! Isaac and I used to watch the sunrise together when he was tiny. Makes me tear up just thinking about it. You've got a sweet boy!
Post a Comment