Friday, December 16, 2011

Reindeer Snack Mix

We skipped giving homemade gifts to friends and coworkers last year, but I was up for it again this year. Since there are already so many sweets this time of year, I went with a salty snack mix for our baked treat. I found this recipe for Reindeer Snack Mix, but I wasn't happy with all of the ingredients. I went with pretzel sticks, bite-size shredded wheat, whole wheat chex, Cheerios, mixed raw nuts, and cashews instead. It turned out really well!

I couldn't decide what to use for its packaging. I bought some plain red cups and thought maybe I'd brighten them up with red and white ribbon. But then I did a google search for "plastic cup Christmas craft" and found these Santa's Belly Treat Cups. I used electrical tape for the belt, but then I used glitter glue for the buckle, and I hot glued strips of fluffy white fabric around the top. It was very simple and a lot more fun than a plain red cup!

No comments: