Friday, July 22, 2011

Unexpected

To say that this post is unexpected is an understatement. Early Tuesday morning I gave birth to a tiny baby girl who is living at the side of Jesus. We don't have much to say and don't feel like sharing a lot yet, but I'm sure there will come a time for that.

The words that have been on my mind today come from Psalm 139. We were blessed with the privilege of holding our sweet baby of only 18 weeks, and after seeing how intricately and wonderfully she had been formed, these words seem truer than ever:

13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.

Of course, we'd love your prayers, but know that we're doing well and are grateful for the Lord's goodness to us.

6 comments:

Johnson Journal said...

Sara and Stephen, we are praying for you. Praying peace and comfort fill you as you grieve. Love you guys.

Erica said...

I'm so sorry. I will be praying that Father meets you where you need him each minute and hour in the coming weeks and months.

Teaque said...

Oh I am so sorry! Sending you all so many hugs and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, We are praying for you and your family. I am so sorry for your lose. We love you!

Jill Sowards

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! Your family is in my thoughts & prayers.
Andrea Adkins Caudill

Kristie said...

I know there aren't words that can help in any way, but know how sorry we are. Your family is in our prayers as you grieve. If you haven't heard the song "Glory Baby" by Watermark you might like it. I ministered a lot to me at one point. Love you guys.