Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Our new house


I mentioned earlier that if we didn't move to Kentucky this summer we would most likely buy a house in Texas. Well, we are! Above is a picture of what will soon be our home! Everything is falling into place, and we're scheduled to close on July 23rd. A week and a half from now! Nope, we haven't packed any boxes yet. I'm really hoping they'll pack themselves.

I'm starting to get a little sad about leaving our little home of two years. Mostly because I have such sweet memories of watching my babies grow here. But I'm also nervous about moving to a bigger space. We'll almost be doubling our space. I'm so used to having all of us right here all the time, and it's cozy. The kids won't get lost in the new place or anything, but it will feel big to us.

But, I'm going to have a kitchen! With a double oven! And cabinet space! And I'll be able to work in it while the kids sleep because they'll be far enough away that I won't wake them up! And the driveway is fenced in the back so Nate can ride his bike. And there's just enough yard to enjoy. I could go on. We really like the house.

So, the next couple weeks might be a little crazy for us. I'm not sure what moving with two kids to take care of looks like, but I'll know soon enough!

5 comments:

Erica said...

How exciting. It's a cute place. I'm sure the move will go fine and you will be settled before you know it. Congratulations!

Our language teacher keeps asking us why we would want to live in an apartment and I love it just for the reasons you mentioned. It's easy to clean and I always know where Calvin is.

Anonymous said...

Congrat! We are so excited for you guys. I'm sorry it didn't work out to move, but we are glad you are here and would really like to work on hanging out with your family! I miss seeing you guys. Let me know if you need any help with the move, I can take the kids for awhile or whatever would be most helpful, just let me know! Jess Gilbert

amy said...

Love the house. Can't wait to see more pics.

The pictures of your sister's wedding were beautiful. I'm so happy for her!!

Amy Weems

Unknown said...

The house looks lovely! Sounds like a great place, too, with the yard and fenced in part for the kids. Congratulations!

Jennifer Garrison said...

The house looks awesome. I'd love to see some more pics. Congrats!