Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This is what happens when you ask a stranger to take your picture.
Half the picture (the good half) was cut off.

Nate doesn't look very happy in this picture, but he really did okay
most of the time. Evie stayed warm and cozy with no complaints!

We decided not to travel this Thanksgiving. So, we ran a 5k in the Fort Worth Turkey Trot to give us something to look forward to on Thanksgiving day. It was fun, but it wasn't a good choice for my first 5k because it was so crowded that I couldn't run at a good pace. We were constantly dodging people, dogs, and other strollers. I think I'll stick to smaller races if I do it again.

We had Thanksgiving dinner with a good friend and her family/friends. It was nice to be with family, even if it was someone else's family.

Many days are difficult, but the holidays especially are difficult without Mom and a place to call home. There are no words to explain. They're difficult in a way that only someone who has experienced the same or a similar loss can understand. I've heard many times that the second year (and possibly the third) is the hardest. This is the second year. I'll be glad when the holidays are over.

Correction: There actually are words to explain. I'm just choosing not to write them here.

2 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Praying for you, Sarah!

Kristie said...

Didn't know you guys were runners! I'm impressed! The kids look so cute all bundled up. Miss seeing you guys! We'll be praying for you this Christmas.