As Stephen and I celebrated our first anniversary with a child on Saturday, we realized once again how much our life has changed since Nate came along. Stephen worked most of the day - Saturday is his busiest day lately. So we made plans to go out for dinner (a rare occasion these days) to the nicest restaurant in our city. It’s so nice that the average plate costs about six dollars (including bread, salad, and a salsa-like dip), and if you sit next to the windows you have a fabulous view of one of the busiest roads in town. Of course we chose a window seat. One of Stephen’s friends is a waiter there, so we sat in his section. He immediately came over, took Nate from us, and began walking him around the restaurant for all to see, kiss, and pinch his cheeks. This remained the theme throughout dinner. He would occasionally return to wheel him around the restaurant in his high chair, or someone else would come up and ask, “ Bebeği sevebilir miyiz?” or “Can we love the baby?” It was probably one of the least romantic meals we’ve ever eaten together!
I won’t make us sound too pitiful. We did get some time to ourselves. Our friends, Jack and Sheryl, graciously offered for us to put Nate to bed at their house while we tried out the newest joint in town –an ice cream place called
Mado. It’s the first chain restaurant from the West to come to our city since we’ve been here and it just opened a few weeks ago. After going there I’m not sure how successful it could be here. But we’ll enjoy it while it lasts!
Just for memory's sake here's a picture of Stephen and me in front of my dorm room door before one of our first dates. It's crazy how much has changed - including our hair! Mine isn't nearly as curly, and Stephen's just isn't.
5 comments:
WOW, that picture seems like forever ago. You too were cute then and you are still cute. Your family is my prayers. I'm so happy for you both, in your marriage, your ministry, and now your family with little Nate. I love you guys,
Tara
Oh yeah! Happy Anniversary!
Tara
You guys look the same to me. Besides that horrendous Bugeaters hat, I don't see much of a difference...except maybe that you used to get more sleep.
Nate's one of the cutest kids I've EVER seen!
aww this is the sarah I remember.. good ole CU
I remember that date night. We were all so excited! Couldn't wait for Sarah to come home and tell us all about it. So long ago.
Post a Comment