Saturday, June 16, 2007

What books don't teach you

I was sitting outside with my neighbors drinking tea yesterday and happened to be wearing my favorite maternity jeans that I ordered from the states. My neighbor who I call "Teyze" (which technically means aunt, but is also the name for any old lady) began to tell me that I was smashing my baby's head by wearing jeans. So I showed her the very soft and comfy band around my waist, but she said because the pants were pressing on my hips his head was in danger. Poor, poor baby Blan.

A little bit later another pregnant woman wearing pants came to sit with us, but she didn't get the speech. I guess it was my lucky day.

1 comment:

ellieandavasmommy said...

That's funny! I worked with a woman who always spoke her mind and when I walked in to lunch one day she said, "Look how fat your face got over the weekend!" People say crazy stuff.

You look really cute, by the way! When is your due date? I forgot. Found a name yet?