Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hodge Podge

Have I mentioned that it's been a hard transition to three kids? It's been a hard transition to three kids. And you'll probably hear that again in my next post - whenever that may be. Anyway, since I haven't had much time to post I'll just post a hodge podge of recent pictures.

I was sitting across from Stephen at lunch one Saturday a few weeks ago and had to take this picture. It reminded me so much of this one from when Nate was his age and we traveled to America for what would be our last Christmas with Mom. Simon wearing Nate's clothes has reminded me a lot of those days. It's strange how that happens.

Rise and shine! Simon loves being greeted by these sweet faces
first thing in the morning.

Nate has really taken off with his reading. He tries really hard, and we're really proud of him and the progress he's made. Yesterday morning he picked up "Little House in the Big Woods" (yes, he knows how to steal my heart!) and read the first page of chapter one. It's not exactly an easy reader, and I got a little bit angry at the English language while he was reading. I sure wish words could sound like they're spelled!

 When we decorated Christmas cookies I froze half the dough to save for Valentine's Day. I was really glad I thought to do that! I put the dough in the refrigerator a couple days before so all we had to do was roll, cut, bake, and decorate.

 I can't decide on my favorite decorating method for the kids.
This time I made royal icing and put it in ziplock bags.

 Evie ended up decorating with her hands anyway.
I set those specially decorated cookies aside for HER to eat. :)

No comments: