Since Stephen is (mostly) home for the summer, we've done some much needed reorganizing. We hit our craft supplies, play room, and closets hard, and hopefully will be able to maintain them throughout the year. I made a monthly cleaning schedule - something I've wanted to do for a long time. I created small jobs to do each day/week so that throughout the month the entire house will be cleaned well. Hopefully that will keep house cleaning from being so overwhelming all the time. I'll let you know how that one goes. So far so good.
I've also been "homeschooling" the kids this summer. I realized Evie needed major help with recognizing the alphabet and knowing their sounds, so we've been focusing on three letters each week. Nate and Evie have both loved it. Evie has made major strides and it has made homeschooling a little less intimidating for all of us. I don't plan to homeschool, but every once in a while it swims around in my head.
Anyway, those things mixed with swimming at our YMCA water park, having friends over for dinner, a vacation to Austin (which I'll blog about next) and trying to simply enjoy our days together have made this summer a great one!
Something we actually haven't done much of this summer - movies and popcorn.
Evie loves her babies. Here she's reading to her baby and getting ready to put her to bed. She's going to be a sweet big sister!
Dressing up like Granddad.
The classic Johnie Blan: Duke hat and sunglasses hanging from his shirt.
The classic Johnie Blan: Duke hat and sunglasses hanging from his shirt.
"Too me!" as Evie says. I hope she never says "Me too!"
Outside with Dad climbing the tree. It's a good thing I wasn't around. :)
We love our tree!






No comments:
Post a Comment