Thursday, February 10, 2011

I think you should know

We found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, but unfortunately the news I'm sharing is that I lost the baby. We hadn't told that I was pregnant yet, and because of the bad weather last week my doctor's appointment was canceled. I suspected that something wasn't right, though, because I was having a lot of cramping and spotting. So I wasn't surprised when I miscarried Saturday night.

I've missed my mom a lot this past week. This is one of those times when moms know what to say and do. And my mom also miscarried between her second and third children, so I've wondered how she felt and how she'd comfort me. But I'm still learning that God knows best how to comfort His children and that there is no greater comfort than His.

Throughout the past week Stephen and I have talked about my first miscarriage and how the Lord was so near to us and how He guarded our hearts. The coolest part of that was that my mom just happened to be flying into Istanbul for her first visit to Turkey on the same day that we were flying into Istanbul for me to have a d&c. So she was there the whole time. And after the procedure we got to spend a few days in Istanbul showing her our favorite sights until I was cleared to fly back to our city.

Even though we can't see all that God is doing now since we're still in the midst of it, I do know that it was really good of Him to allow Stephen to be home all week last week while I was cramping and spotting and nervous about what was going on. AND my sister is pregnant! I could not be more thrilled and excited for her! We have so much to rejoice over and be thankful for that it really is hard to be sad.

So, because I can't blog without posting a picture, here's one from that visit with Mom. This was taken after we flew back to our city. That's Mt. Ararat in the background - one of our very favorite sights!

4 comments:

Johnson Journal said...

Sarah, I'll be praying for you and Stephen. Praying God's best comfort and healing. Love you guys. Elizabeth

Teaque said...

OH girl! I'm sorry to hear this. I pray that God will comfort you during all this! HUGS!

Kristie said...

So sorry to hear this Sarah. I know what a painful thing that is to go through. Praying that you and Steven will feel the Lord's presence more than ever.

Erica said...

So sorry guys, why are those words never enough. I know your hearts hurt. Sarah I miss your mom for you. I'll be praying for you as you travel this road with out your mom close by.

Hugs