Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Nate!

Nate with his train cake.

I thought this picture was fun enough to post. Stephen took a picture with the camera while I took a picture with my phone.

Blowing out his 3 candles!

Jack posing for the camera.

Sweet Caroline.

Nate eating a train wheel, aka mini Oreo cookie, from his piece of cake.

Nate turned three on Sunday! We celebrated on Saturday with some friends. We didn't get many pictures of the event, but Nate had fun and I think his friends did too. We planned a sports themed little party, but due to the 100+ temps outside the games we planned didn't happen. 

Nate's cake was themed around his favorite things: trains and balls. I had decided on a train cake for his birthday, so when I discovered the foil wrapped chocolate sports balls it was a perfect fit. I was fairly pleased with the final product, but I think this cake will be one that I never attempt again. So, if we ever have another little boy - Sorry, buddy. No train cake for you. Or at least not one like this.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years. I clearly remember meeting him when he was itty bitty.

That's dissapointing that the train cake took a lot of work. I was trying to think about what kind of cake to make for Calvin and thought a train cake might be easy. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Kristie said...

Gosh, I remember when you guys first dropped that little guy off at the nursery (that he was a little guy) & now he's 3! So crazy! He looks so happy & your cake looks great!

Jack and Sheryl said...

Happy birthday a few weeks late! He looks so big! Great job on the cake. I can imagine that it took forever. :)

Jennifer Garrison said...

I can't believe you made that cake! It's beautiful! Nate looks so big. Where does the time go?