Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby Blan #2

We found out this week that I'm pregnant! I had a sonogram on Thursday and it looks like I'm 7 weeks along. My guess was less than that, but I'm very happy to know that the nausea and fatigue will end a little sooner than I thought.

Due Date: I was lying on the table having the sonogram and most of my nervousness (the nervousness that comes with having had a miscarriage - you always wonder if you'll see a heartbeat or be given unwanted news) had passed because the doctor saw the heartbeat and said everything looked great. Then she told me my due date - May 14. A mixture of emotions came rushing to me. First of all, May 14 is my late father's birthday. He was born May 14, 1942. But that date became even more significant last year when we buried my mother on that day - a coincidence she would have been very happy about because she loved those associations.

So now Baby Blan #2 is expected to arrive on that same day. To bring life instead of death, and to bring joy during a time that would have brought more grief and remembrance of the days spent last year sitting next to my mother's deathbed. As you can imagine, I'm overwhelmed with gratefulness to the Lord for this gift. To be reminded that he "heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

And of course I know the chances of the baby actually arriving on this day are slim to none, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect it. Things like that just seem to happen in our family.

Boy or girl? Right now I think we're both hoping for a boy so Nate will have a playmate, but of course we'll be excited either way.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
Andrea Adkins
Lexington, KY

ellieandavasmommy said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! What a blessing! And I'll tell you, there's nothing like having 2. It can be wild and hectic, but it is amazing! Can't wait to hear more details as you progress through your pregnancy!! Miss you guys!

Johnson Journal said...

Oh yea! Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! We hope we can see you guys soon. If you need a get away...then come and see us! We have lots of room! B&E

Unknown said...

We're very happy for you all! I don't know if you remember, but Hannah was due in Feb the year after Mom passed away. Mom's birthday was Feb 19, and several thought she would be born on that day. She was actually born on the 18th, Cynthia's one and only girl whom she named Hannah Charlotte. We know God's in control of all things, the due date we are given, as well as the actual date the baby is born. Even if the baby is not born on May 14th, it's still your due date and you can tell your baby later the significance of that date and that will always be a reminder of his/her maternal grandparents.
Love and prayers! Sharon

Anonymous said...

OK, I guess I better go correct the damage Elena has made to our user name. The above is from Alfredo and Sharon not alfredo &sharon.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Love you guys!
The Rogers... all 5 of us!

Becca Shaneck said...

Congratulations!! I hope the Lord gives you those desires of your heart. But even if he doesn't, you'll never forget that the baby was due then. Hannah was due about seven days before Mom's birthday following Mom's departure. She was born the day after. But it is so special for us anyway. And of course her name is Hannah Charlotte.

Becca Shaneck said...

OOPS!! I meant the day before. I had not read Sharon's comment. Sorry you have SOOO much info about Hannah's birthday now. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! A baby born in Turkey and one in Texas. Pretty much the same experience, right?

It's a Mom Thing said...

Congrats you guys! That is such exciting news! May 14 is a special day for us...that is theEdge's birthday. Exciting times ahead!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!! We are so happy for you!!!!!

lisa823 said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! You guys make adorable babies! It would be neat if it was a girl and you could name her after your mom! What a special gift indeed that God would give you life on this day. Thank you for sharing the news and giving so much detail. Praying for you!
amber and tim

MommaNae said...

Congrats guys! I'm thrilled for you. we just welcomed a second boy to our family. I have to say that boys are fun! I'll hope for a boy too. :)

Teaque said...

Hey girl!! So glad to be back in touch. I'm excited you have a blog too. You can check mine out as well.
http://hideandteaque.blogspot.com/

This post made cry !!Girl, you've been through a lot in the time we've been apart. However, you look so happy with Nate and this new baby and the date stuff just gives me chills! Congrats! Looking fwd to keeping in touch. I've added you to my google reader. LOL! - Teaque