Sunday, April 09, 2006

Things That Go Bump in the Night

We just got back from a short trip to the Capital for meetings. During our first night back I guess I forgot where I was. I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and apparently I was still asleep…for a moment…because about 5 steps into it SMACK!!! a wall jumped right out in front of me. I staggered backwards a few steps (ala Rocky against the Russian) and somehow managed to stay on my feet, but when I felt my forehead I found a golf ball growing out from it. I seriously thought I had a concussion. The next morning Sarah told me she was startled by a loud noise in the night, but she told herself it was only the neighbors. Once she saw my head it all made sense.

Two days later I still have a headache. The golf ball is a bit smaller but still remains. I know many of you are wondering how my nose didn’t hit first since it sticks so far out from my face. Well, I’m wondering the same thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have been looking down. That's the only way. HAHA

Anonymous said...

JUST WANT TO WISH YOU GUYS A GOOD WEEKEND AND LET YOU KNOW I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU. I REALLY ENJOY THE PICTURES YOU PUT ON THE COMPUTER, VENNIE ALWAYS SHOWS THEM TO US AS SOON AS SHE GETS THEM.

KAREN SMITH

Anonymous said...

Can we see a picture of the golf ball???

cs, tx